Services / Diagnostic Tests / Sonography
Sonography, or Ultrasound, utilizes high frequency sound waves (not x-rays) to obtain diagnostic images. Ultrasound imaging is used to evaluate many parts of the body, including the abdomen, blood vessels, fetus of pregnant women, superficial body structures, and newborn brain to name only a few.
Ultrasonography enables to detect and investigate
- All diseases of the organs of the abdominal cavity in early stages.
- Tumors of uterus and ovaries and abnormalities of reproductive organs.
- Maturation of eggs and changes of endometrium in different stages of menstrual cycle.
- Early pregnancy, including entopic pregnancy.
- Development of fetuses and possible malformations of fetuses.
- Position of the fetus, position of the placenta in the uterus and changes in it. It is also possible to estimate the quantity of amniotic fluid, evaluate heart function and breathing movements of the fetus.